Wednesday 16 November 2011

Guggenheim Geometry

When asked to design The Solomon R. Guggenheim museum for New York, Frank Lloyd Wright said "I can think of several more desirable places in the world to build his great museum, but we will have to try New York." To Wright, the city was overbuilt, overpopulated, and lacked architectural merit.


New York City, much like every other metropolis is over photographed too, especially architecturally. At the Guggenheim, I had to fight with myself to avoid shots of the building. Google can get me those. I thought the geometry of the building, the lines, circles, triangles, curves, the light and shade etc made interesting patterns. Im sure these have been photographed to death too but hey! So i kept my wide angle lens firmly in my bag and went on to play with geometry. I went monochrome on these pictures except for a dash of lovely red in two. Perfectly justified, don't you think?  




Spot the Bird















  

No comments:

Post a Comment